ESTIMATOR (Full Time)
Location: New York, NY
The candidate we are seeking is a professional team player, which understands the necessity of teamwork and
the importance of partnerships.
- Pre Award Estimating Responsibilities:
- Manage the estimating process for assigned RFP/RFQ.
- Receives RFP/RFQ and reviews requests for completeness. Communicate with clients to obtain all necessary bid documents inclusive of revisions, alternates, bulletins and drawings remain current throughout the bidding process.
- Perform Estimate Itemized Take Off, inclusive of: labor breakouts, RFl’s Submittals, Responses and obtain necessary vendor pricing.
- Assembles all necessary bid submittal documentation, inclusive of creation of formal proposal and bid package.
- Track and update status of active bid submissions, follow up on proposals submitted, and perform revisions as requested.
- Communicate with clients throughout the bid process to ensure competitiveness and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure organization and completeness of all bid documents and correspondence throughout the bid process.
POST AWARD ESTIMATING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and hold Project Kick Off Meeting.
- Coordinate with Project Management Team on all change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage the Change Orders estimating process for assigned awarded projects.
- Assembles all necessary Change Orders, inclusive of estimate, and creation of change order proposal and any required supporting documentation.
- Communicate with clients and PM Team throughout the Change Order approval process.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience Interior Architectural Metal & Glass commercial project estimating.
- Experience must include detailed estimate takeoffs, inclusive of labor & material unit price breakouts.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, structural drawings, shop drawings and ability to understand installation requirements and architectural intent.
- Understand that part of the estimating position involves selling the estimate to the client. Therefore, candidate must be able to develop relationships with clients and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Self-Starter, with strong technical, communication and organizational skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google Drive applications necessary.