ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Full Time)
Location: New York, NY
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager who is responsible for coordinaion, recording and documentation for each job they are assigned to with their assigned (Sr.) Project Manager.
- This position requires strong leadership and interpersonal and communication skills, so that internal teams and clients can be properly informed and coordinated as early as possible.
- Strong technical skills, internal communication and coordination skills, and client management skills are a must.
- Assist Project Manager(s) with all aspects of managing projects including the project (milestone) schedule, material and manpower coordination, fabrication coordination, internal communications, client communications, and project close out.
- Support Project Management team from project award to project close out:
- Assist with creating and maintaining project (milestone) schedules and updating the status of all project activities so that the information is always accurate
- Assist with coordination of materials for both in-house and external vendor production
- Ensure daily project task requests are completed accurately and timely for each project scheduled
- Coordinate field manpower requests
- Assist with change order management, submittals, status updates and work performed
- Attend and record accurate jobsite meeting minutes, any/all schedule concerns and the follow up action items agreed upon
- Document meeting agendas and minutes for all internal Project Management meetings and ensure all action items are updated and completed prior to agreed upon deadlines
- 3+ years experience in the construction industry, preferably in a similar position
- Degree in Construction Management is preferred
- Experience with architectural glass/metal industry, carpentry/millwork, interior or finish trades is preferred
- Experience with Auto CAD and/or Drafting is preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Long-term plan and desire to become a project manager is preferred